Monday, November 16, 2009

Going Insane

Don't get me wrong, I love my kid, but he is driving me crazy.

Marco is incredibly affectionate. I mean insanely affectionate. And most of his affection is focused on me (although I do think he kind of freaked Alexei out the other day when he kissed him goodbye.) I have had to initiate a new rule, no hugging during meals. Sounds cruel, I know, but you aren't the one with a munchkin climbing on your lap every two minutes. And when I tell him to stop or go eat, he comes back with "But, Mommy, I just want to give you a hug." Melt your heart, right? Maybe the first bazillion times.

And don't get me started on sleeping. He comes to our bed sometime during the night. Typically, I don't have a problem with this. He just goes back to sleep, we all sleep. In fact, this has become so common place, I often don't even notice him crawling in. Mind you that EVERY night he crawls over me to get into bed, even though daddy sleeps closer to the door. But sometimes he doesn't fall right back asleep. Sometimes he attacks me. He has his arms around my neck like a vise, feet and legs on me or over me, and little hands on the back of my neck or on my back constantly moving. I can't sleep like that! So then it starts, me throwing his legs off me, telling him to stop moving his hands. Don't lay on my face, get off me, go snuggle with daddy, etc., etc. Alessandro just laughs. And it never stops! When he is like this, he usually never falls back asleep, which means I never fall back asleep, which means I am grumpy. I am having a hard enough time sleeping with getting up in the middle of the night to pee!

This morning Marco was being so needy. I was taking a shower and he comes in crying wanting me to get out. He doesn't want to go to school, he wants to stay home. When he is eating his breakfast, he wants to sit on my lap. I am suppose to carry him everywhere, um, no. When I am going to the bathroom, he wants to sit on my lap. I locked the door, he was screaming outside. I cave and let him in (after making him agree that he'll go to school), but don't let him sit on me or hug me for that matter! Then there is a meowing at the door! Are you kidding me? Can't I go to the bathroom in peace? I just want you all to leave me alone!!! And I'm having another one? I must be insane.

The thing that I don't get is that Marco is not that super shy, always needing mommy kid. He is really outgoing, loves other people, incredibly adventurous and daring, but yet, a total mama's boy. I love that he is affectionate. I love Marco hugs and kisses. I think he is an incredibly caring child and I love that about him, but he's still driving me nuts.

No comments: