Saturday, December 15, 2007

Ready, Set, Go!

Yesterday, Vickie babysat Marco for a couple of hours and she taught him how to race cars complete with Ready, Set, Go! That is how fast he is learning now. When we got home he was running around and started saying Ready, Set, Go!

This morning he asked for orange juice and a bite. I don't think he has ever asked for a bite before. Also, yesterday he moved a laundry basket so he could get to the other side of the table. This may have been the first time I have seen this. He often moves things to either move them (throwing all his clothes out of the dresser) or to assist him somehow (pushing a chair to climb onto something else), but this is the first time I have noticed him moving an object to get it out of his way. The family room can be covered in toys, legos everywhere, barely a path, but he always walks around things.

One last thing I want to mention is the struggle of the jacket. Marco screams bloody murder anytime I try to put a jacket on him. I tell him if he wants to go outside, he has to wear a jacket. He seems to understand this, he will even go and get his jacket. But if actually try to put it on him, he has a fit. The thing I have noticed though, is that he is not alone. Last time we were at the park, I saw at least 5 kids have the I don't want to wear my jacket tantrum. All the moms/dads/nannies won in the end, but I think only one kid didn't put up a fight and he was older than all the rest of them.

No comments: